OSCAR is holding a photo/illustration contest! This is the first of what we hope will be a regular event, as we grow the visual content of the TC-SP’s resource for sustainable preservation.
OSCAR helps you tackle your sustainability goals by first analyzing your building components, before pulling them together again into a “whole building ecology” strategy. For each bi-monthly contest we will focus our topic on a specific building component.
Submit your photos or illustrations (sketches, line drawings, renderings, any form of clear illustration), in jpg format, to be entered in the contest. Selected images will be added to the OSCAR site (oscar-apti.org), with proper credit given to you and/or your office. Additionally, one “grand prize” winner will be selected, earning special recognition and a small token of appreciation.
Our topic this month is Copper Roofs.
Submissions may relate to:
• full assemblies
• copper roofing components (flat seam, standing seam, shingle, etc.)
• substrate components (waterproofing, sheathing, etc.)
• valleys, ridges, eaves, or other geometrical features
• flashing, gutters, or other water management features
• problems of repair (building pathologies)
• repairs: appropriate or inappropriate
• interventions to improve energy performance: appropriate or inappropriate (insulation, skylights, etc.)
• other features of interest
Email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 31, 2016, with the subject line: Photo Contest: Copper Roofs
In the body of the email, please include:
• Author (your name, or your office name- whomever is to get credit)
• Subject of photo/illustration
• Building (optional)
• Date of construction (if known), and/or date of the building component shown (if known)
• Location: city, state/province, country
• Any additional information (optional)
Good luck to all participants!